The Moon: feelings
Posted under Planets
Here is the glyph for the Moon, a crescent.
The Moon represents your emotional side, patterns established in early childhood, your style of caretaking, and what you need in order to feel emotionally secure.
The Moon rules Cancer
The Moon represents these qualities:
*Emotions, Moods, Receptivity, Capacity for Nurturing
Security needs, Self-indulgence
The Moon represents these people:
Your Mother, Women
and these parts of the body:
The Breasts and stomach
- The Moon represents emotional patterns established in early childhood.
- The Moon represents a need. For example, Moon in Leo needs approval, needs to feel appreciated and respected. If the need is not met in early childhood, the person will display emotionally the shadow side of Leo: insecurity and excessive egoism.
- The Moon in most charts describes your experience of your mother. Moon in Gemini, she’s intelligent, talkative, or flighty, Moon in Pisces has an artistic, spiritual, addicted, or entirely spaced-out mother.
- The Moon represents how you deal with emotions, or don’t. For example, Moon in Taurus hates to rock the boat. Moon in Virgo needs a sense of order, and worries and criticizes when emotionally stressed. Moon in Gemini talks about emotions, or is flighty and hard to pin down.
- The transiting Moon’s symbolism takes a back seat to her role as a trigger and focuser of the energies. As she is the fastest moving body in the chart, she carries messages and energies between slower planets and will often set off a more long term formation or aspect.