2019/2020 Eclipse season
I know the astrology is getting intense when astrological “muggles” (non-geeks) start asking me if Mercury is retrograde. The answer right now is no, not this time. But there’s a lot of big energy in the sky coming to a head at the same time as the 2019/2020 Eclipse season is starting to play out. That’s what folks are picking up on.
If it’s not Mercury retrograde, what is it?
A heavy, burdensome Saturn-Pluto conjunction comes into its peak strength in early January. With it, crisis and contraction on the geopolitical level and– for many of us– the personal level too. Saturn represents the “musts” of life. Pluto is intense, karmic, and often unconscious. Each in our own way, this conjunction calls us to step up and do our deep work.
On this New Year, think carefully about your resolutions. Because a new 30-year Saturn-Pluto cycle is about to begin. It has to do with big business and finance, countries, politics. On a personal level, Pluto represents unfinished karmic business. Pluto rules the bowels and elimination– and one way or another, we all have to deal with our “s#!t” before we can transform it.
Back to the 2019/2020 Eclipse season…
The true story I’m about to tell you isn’t the heaviest story in my life right now. But it’s kind of a perfect illustration of how I’m seeing this Eclipse season come together.
On Tuesday, my websites went down. When I brought this up to tech support, my hosting company informed me that my shared server was under a DDOS attack. Essentially a kind of cyber bombing aimed at some other website hosted on the same server as mine– and I got caught in the crossfire.
I was already aware that web-hosting-wise, I had outgrown my container. I had planned my move for a few months down the road.
But with my sites down… and this being the best month to sell my astrology calendar… moving to a new server had suddenly rocketed to the top of the priority list.
And that seems like a perfect metaphor for what I’m seeing now in the Eclipse symbolism. Somewhere in your life, I bet you have outgrown your container, too.
In these next paragraphs, I’m going to lay out the symbols of the Solar and Lunar Eclipses and help you decode their influence in your world.
The symbols involved
The Solar Eclipse on December 26, 2019, takes place in Capricorn, near the South Node of the Moon. Because it’s a South Node Eclipse, it focuses the lens on the past, on those rules, structures, and traditions that are flowing out of your life.
The Solar Eclipse conjoins Jupiter, the planet of expansion. The tester of the boundaries. Jupiter might “push you out of the nest” somewhere in your life, as it did for me. And this is not bad news. Because the Eclipse and Jupiter both are in an easygoing trine to Uranus, changes can go more easily and work out to unexpected benefit. You might find a great new opportunity that sets you on a new path.
The Lunar Eclipse on January 10, 2020, is another story. It connects directly to the center of intensity in the sky right now. Lunar Eclipses show you what is emerging from within you. And right now, in some part of your life, there is a push-pull between your urge to be comfortable, safe, and able to care for yourself and others (Eclipse in Cancer) on the one hand. On the other hand, there are all the reasons why not. The obstacles, limitations, and the logistics (Eclipse opposite Mercury) as well as the deeper, karmic “stuff” you must work through to let go, to make way for the structural overhaul that must take place (Eclipse opposite Saturn and Pluto).
Together, the two Eclipses tell a story that will play out over the next six months, collectively in politics and public trends and individually for each of us.
Where will the 2019/2020 Eclipse action play out in your life?
Run your birth chart. (You’ll need an accurate birth time to read the houses.)
Which house in your birth chart contains 04 degrees Capricorn? This is where you might “outgrow your container.” And which house has 20 degrees Cancer? That’s where you’ll be tested. You’ll need to take responsibility for what hasn’t worked, dig deep, and work through something big.
The Eclipses will activate these houses for a six-month period. (roughly December-June)
Eclipse in your First House
- You are in the driver’s seat, calling many of the shots.
- Developing your identity or brand. Website, business cards, etc.
- Appearance – haircut, wardrobe, etc.
- Your physical body.
Eclipse in your Second House
- Emphasis on resources: skills, possessions, earning potential, and health.
- Emphasis on money, activities, and skills that make you more valuable in the workplace.
- On a deeper level, developing your self-worth, your value in life and relationships.
- Buying things you need, selling things you don’t need.
Eclipse in the 3rd house
- Lots of activity, writing, and technical details.
- A concern with the car, computer, and other machines of communication and transport.
- Activity centers in your neighborhood, changes or interruptions to your daily routine.
- Activity in your family – especially siblings and relatives other than your parents.
Eclipse in your 4th house
- Activity centers on private life, home, and family, especially parents.
- Exciting or stimulating connections to the past.
- Events/experiences that stir your emotional center.
- Clearing out the old and welcoming new energies into your home.
- Involvement with caretaking, security, nourishing, nurturing, cooking, and feeding others.
Eclipse in your 5th house
- Creative energy and self-expression.
- Work on an important project, and note your ideas for new projects in the future.
- Activity involving children in your life.
- Connection to your inner child.
Eclipse in your 6th house
- A concern with health, digestion, and diet.
- Organizing, tidying the home and workplace.
- Creating and changing your routine.
- Involvement with pets.
- Changes in the workplace.
- New employees and coworkers.
Eclipse in your 7th house
- Activity centers on one or more important relationships.
- Working with others.
- A call for compromise.
- Others may be calling the shots.
- The 7th house deals with both cooperation and conflict.
Eclipse in your 8th house
- An emotionally intense period.
- Deal with past trauma
- Look for opportunities for healing.
- Closing the door on an old chapter now can open up new options in the future.
- Involvement with credit, finance, investments.
- Possible inheritance or sale of a resource.
Eclipse in your 9th house
- A “Traveling Jones,” curiosity and desire to learn.
- Leaving behind old beliefs, seeking a new way of looking at the world.
- Developing wisdom.
- Opportunities to learn, grow, publish, and experience other cultures.
Eclipse in your 10th house
- A concern with your career, goals, public life.
- An Eclipse here brings public attention, fame, recognition for your accomplishments (and screw-ups!).
- Focus on the rules, enforcing the rules, creating workable structures.
Eclipse in your 11th house
- Involvement with friends, peer groups, the community.
- The 11th is a fortunate house where others tend to wish you well.
- Changes in your social life, social circle.
- Business and personal connections, altruistic or humanitarian activities.
Eclipse in your 12th house
- A concern with spiritual goals and activities.
- The unconscious is active. Pay attention to dreams and intuition.
- Energies naturally turn inward.
- Meditation recharges your battery.
- 12th = “hidden enemies” or covert-aggression. (If that’s the case, you may find out 3 months or 6 months from the Eclipse date.)
I want to thank Anuj at Feedspot for including this blog in the Top 100 Astrology Blogs listing. Woot!
Do you have a question about the 2019/2020 Eclipse season? Leave it below.