September 9, 2016 – October 10, 2017
Jupiter in Libra
Jupiter in Libra Facts
- Jupiter’s last journey through Libra was Fall 2004 – Fall 2005.
- Before that, 1993, 1981, 1969.
- If you find a common thread of similar events, you may be able to anticipate the kind of growth that’s coming your way.
Jupiter in Libra Meanings
- Jupiter indicates where in your life growth is taking place.
- Jupiter is larger than life, optimistic, loves adventure and risk.
- He can be an accomplished gambler, weighing risk against reward, or a foolish spendthrift who presses his luck and loses it all at the track.
- Jupiter shows an urge to grow, adventure, and expand your horizons.
- While Jupiter is transiting through Libra, our greatest expansions happen in the social realm, or with the help of other people.
- Share, cooperate, collaborate, and deal fairly with others.
- An open-minded attitude opens doors.
- Listening skills are important. Hear other people out and validate their perspectives, even if you disagree. The balance in seeing each other’s point of view offers an opportunity for self-growth.
If we think of Jupiter as growth, then we can predict that those areas of industry associated with Libra are due for a growth spurt. Those industries are the arts, beauty, decorating, matchmaking, and headhunting. Expect to see high profile weddings, divorces, and corporate mergers. People with a lot of Libra tend to be artists, aestheticians, decorators, attorneys, fashionistas, jewelers, musicians, negotiators, pacifists, poets. Places ruled by Libra are boudoirs, boutiques, social gatherings, and courthouses.
Jupiter is known as the “higher octave” of Mercury. If Mercury governs your mind and thoughts, Jupiter represents your “higher mind,” your world-view and beliefs, the “larger perspective” through which you view everything and everyone in your life. You’ll get a lot more out of your relationships if you don’t buy into your own bullshit. Keep an open mind! (But not so open that your brains fall out.)
“A sense of justice, a gift for conversation, the enjoyment of social contact, popularity, a striving for public work. An easy-going nature, dependence or reliance on other people.”
—Reinhold Ebertin, Combination of Stellar Influences
“[Jupiter in Libra] seeks to grow and improve oneself through a balanced and objective attitude, fair-mindedness, and a diplomatic approach.”
—Stephen Arroyo, Chart Interpretation Handbook
A special note for Libra natives
I have seen several people go through Jupiter transits, expecting the planet of good luck and abundance to dance in like a cosmic Santa Claus. But instead of goodies raining down from above, they found they had no luck in love, or they received “liberation” from their job, rather than the “good luck and abundance” promised in the astrology books. But on closer inspection, it turned out the guy was attracted to the wrong kind of girl for him and had some personal growing to do. Another “victim” of Jupiter wasn’t all that thrilled about his job anyway. And guess what— eventually he became a professional poker player! (Jupiter rules growth and gambling.)
Sometimes Jupiter functions as the momma bird, kicking you out of the nest so you will fly. Jupiter calls you to leave your comfort zone and explore new territory. This is unsettling for people who don’t like change. Since when does good luck equal same-old-same-old? If you’re really lucky, he won’t let you rest on your behind and settle into a mediocre situation, even if you want to. Jupiter wants greatness for you.