If you have some astrology basics under your belt, you can discover the house location of an Eclipse in your birth chart, and what that means in your life.
A Solar Eclipse represents a matter that comes to you from the objective, outside world.
A Lunar Eclipse represents something emerging into your life from your own subjective, inner experience.
Eclipse in your First House
- You are in the driver’s seat, calling many of the shots.
- Developing your identity or brand. Website, business cards, etc.
- Appearance – haircut, wardrobe, etc.
- Your physical body.
Eclipse in your Second House
- Emphasis on resources: skills, possessions, earning potential, and health.
- Emphasis on money, activities, and skills that make you more valuable in the workplace.
- On a deeper level, developing your self-worth, your value. Discovering what you value most.
- Buying things you need, selling things you don’t need.
Eclipse in the 3rd house
- Lots of activity, writing, and technical details.
- A concern with the car, computer, and other machines of communication and transport.
- Activity centers in your neighborhood. Changes or interruptions to your daily routine.
- Activity in your family – especially siblings and relatives other than your parents.
Eclipse in your 4th house
- Activity centers on private life, home, and family, especially parents.
- Exciting or stimulating connections to the past.
- Events/experiences that stir your emotional center.
- Clearing out the old and welcoming new energies into your home.
- Involvement with caretaking, security, nourishing, nurturing, cooking, and feeding others.
Eclipse in your 5th house
- Creative energy and self-expression.
- Work on an important project, and note your ideas for new projects in the future.
- Activity involving children in your life.
- Connection to your inner child.
Eclipse in your 6th house
- A concern with health, digestion, and diet.
- Organizing, tidying the home and workplace.
- Creating and changing your routine.
- Involvement with pets.
- Changes in the workplace.
- New employees and coworkers.
Eclipse in your 7th house
- Activity centers on one or more important relationships.
- Working with others.
- A call for compromise.
- Others may be calling the shots.
- The 7th house deals with both cooperation and conflict.
Eclipse in your 8th house
- An emotionally intense period.
- Deal with past trauma
- Look for opportunities for healing.
- Closing the door on an old chapter now can open up new options in the future.
- Involvement with credit, finance, investments.
- Possible inheritance or sale of a resource.
Eclipse in your 9th house
- A “Traveling Jones,” curiosity and desire to learn.
- Leaving behind old beliefs, seeking a new way of looking at the world.
- Developing wisdom.
- Opportunities to learn, teach, grow, publish, and experience other cultures.
Eclipse in your 10th house
- A concern with your career, goals, public life.
- An Eclipse here brings public attention, fame, recognition for your accomplishments (and screw-ups!).
- Focus on the rules, enforcing the rules, creating workable structures.
Eclipse in your 11th house
- Involvement with friends, peer groups, the community.
- The 11th is a fortunate house where others tend to wish you well.
- Changes in your social life, social circle.
- Business and personal connections, altruistic or humanitarian activities.
Eclipse in your 12th house
- A concern with spiritual goals and activities.
- The unconscious is active. Pay attention to dreams and intuition.
- Energies naturally turn inward.
- Meditation recharges your battery.
- 12th = “hidden enemies” or covert-aggression. (If that’s the case, you may find out 3 months or 6 months from the Eclipse date.)