Traditionally known as the ☠️ DEAD MOON ☠️
Because the root zone is at its most active, making it easier to kill plants.
- High activity/sensitivity underground, in the root zone.
- Roots are more vulnerable to stress and transplant shock.
- Search and destroy pests and their eggs.
- Clear and prepare garden beds.
- Annual weeds – easier to kill.
- Perennial weeds – easier to kill by disrupting the root zone.
- Cutting, dead-heading, and pruning.
- Revive a poor grower or encourage more blooms by topping or cutting growth tips at the New Moon.
- Seeds – difficulty mobilizing stored nutrients for vigorous germination.
- Cuttings – less likely to grow vigorous new roots.
- Transplants – maximum shock to the root system.
- Be careful not to overwater at this time.
- Be careful not to overfertilize at this time.