Planets in Houses
Posted under Houses
Houses are divisions of the birth chart. Each house represents a different area of life.
In order to calculate your houses correctly, you must have an accurate birthtime. The less precise the time, the less certain we are where the houses begin and end in your chart.
A planet’s house placement in your chart tells you where in your life that planet’s energy tends to show up. For example, if Jupiter, planet of abundance, is in your 7th house of relationships, this means you have good luck in relationships, and abundance of people around you.
- The Sun’s house: where you shine, where you are most creative, where you put a great deal of your life force energy
- The Moon’s house: where you can use your instincts for benefit. Here you tend to fluctuate and are likely to be moody.
- Mercury’s house: where you have the gift of gab and deal with information frequently. On the flip side, it’s what you run your mouth about
- Venus’s house: a source of satisfaction—where you like things to be smooth, beautiful and free from conflict
- Mars’ house: where you are speedy, competitive, argumentative, energetic, like to do things alone
- Jupiter: where you have good luck and abundance, where you do things in a big way
- Saturn’s house: where you have to work hard for what you’ve got, where you are very responsible but may limit yourself too much.
- Uranus’ house: where you have sudden insights and flashes of genius! Here you experience frequent changes, need lots of freedom
- Neptune’s house: where you experience connection with spiritual energies and are very psychic. However, you have a tendency to wear rose colored glasses, thus you may be easily deceived.
- Pluto’s house: The source of your deepest power, and your deepest fears. Where you experience extremes—highs and lows, where you may need to open up and be more vulnerable